Pages

Sunday 27 October 2013

I need an apology from Royal Media Services - Joyce Lay!

PRESS STATEMENT BY HON. JOYCE LAY M.P

Ladies and gentlemen, let me first and foremost start by stating that am proud to be a Taita and to have the honour to be the first County Member of the National Assembly for Taita Taveta. This responsibility given TI me by an overwhelming majority of the electorate is a cherished role that I embrace and ever since my election I have spent each day dedicated towards economically empowering the men and women of this great county as this was the platform on which I campaigned on and in which I was elected. Although constitutionally my office is termed as the representative of women to the National Assembly, my duty as an elected official is to represent the interests of both men and women of Taita Taveta county who elected me.


Today, I stand here to address a matter that has caused much acrimony and hurt TI my fellow countymen based on negative sentiments purportedly made by me on Citizen media against the men of my county. Nothing can be further from the truth. I wish to state her categorically that I have never at any time demeaned the men of this great county in the nature ported as this would in every sense mean demeaning my own late father, uncles, brothers sons and nephews. Sentiments made by me on the need to economically empower the men of this county were distorted and turned into an abuse to the men of this county. The reckless nature in which the news piece was aired acted as an affront to their dignity, respect and honour, something which I or any other leader cannot allow to go unaddressed?

In this regard, I would like to demand an unreserved public apology both to the people of Taita Taveta and to myself as an elected representative of the people from the Royal Media Services on national tv and radio. I am also instructing my lawyers to seek redress from the media house through legal means.

I would like to restate my commitment to economically empower the people of Taita Taveta, to serve them faithfully and with dedication.

I remain steadfast and focused in my duties and urge the people of Taita Taveta not to be side tracked by machinations and gimmicks. Let us soldier on and empower the great people of the county. God bless you all and have a fruitful week ahead.

Hon. Joyce Wanjalah Lay M.P
County Member of the National Assembly
27/10/2013

No comments:

Post a Comment